Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello from Australia, have just joined this page.
    I have had a sleeve approx 8 years ago, lost a lot of weight initially – approx 60kgs – now currently at 88 – 90kg, trying to get down to 75 – 80kg but seem to not be able to do this.
    About four years ago I needed an endoscopy, was passing out, found to have hiatus hernia.
    Also in past 6 months have noted that I get low blood sugar levels, was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 10 years ago but now am diet controlled only. Though still get low blood sugars, working on being more aware of these and eating regularly.
    I am 65 years young, have a standard poodle who is walked daily – approx 2 – 3 klms, work full time as clinical nurse, ride horses, and help at stables on the weekend.
    Wondered if anyone else has had any issues since having their sleeve. Would love to hear feedback, how did you cope?
    Looking at remaining healthy, hope to lose more weight and stay fit & healthy.
    Regards.
    Lynda

Zoe Wilson
    Keymaster

Welcome Lynda!

Thanks for sharing your story – you’re definitely not alone!

Your issues do sound quite common but it’s tricky to know where to start without being able to chat one-on-one. Some weight regain is normal from the lowest point, and it might be worth checking in to see if your goal is realistic. Sometimes I find that in focusing on your helath and sorting out those medical issues, the weight will settle where your body is comfortable and not be so much of an issue.

Have you seen your surgeon re: the hernia or dietitian re BSLs? If there is something to be done medically, then I would start there because it sounds like you are doing well with your activity!

Let us know how you go. I’ve also just emailed you re: joining the Facebook group if you would like to – there is much more chat over there 🙂

Zoe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.